For the Benefits of Employees and Employers, EPFO launched New Portal for attaining the online receipt of Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR). To get Benefits of EPF E-SEWA Facility User need to do registration. After registered, the employers are allowed to upload the Electronic Return to EPFO. The document is printable. After it is approved by the employer It will Generate one CHALLAN based on the Uploaded Return. Now you need to Pay the Challan to SBI or any Bank. There is a facility to Fill up Amount online and Offline too.
Advantages of ESEWA Portal for Employers
Here are the Advantages of Using EPF ESEWA Portal:
- Employers can file the Return online Directly without any Paper hustle.
- This eliminates the Possibility of submitting other returns viz Form 5/10/12A,3A, and 6A.
- Once the payment is made, the employees will be immediately notified for the confirmation of payment via Message.
- The EPF contribution would be hence credited to all the member’s account month wise.
How to Use the EPF E-SEWA Portal?
- In the First step Open EPF ESEWA Portal: http://esewa.epfoservices.in/
- In the Next step Fill out the form for Register Purpose.
- After the Process, You will receive a system generated USERNAME and PASSWORD. Note that It’s TEMPERORY AND AVAILABLE FOR FEW MINUTES Only.
- When you log in for the first time with the given temporary username and password, you need to create a permanent User Id as well as a new password to log in and enjoy all the facilities through the ESEWA portal.
After Registration Process it’s time to Download E-return tool where you can file your return and generate a challan to Submit to the Bank.
How to Download E-return Tool?
- Open epfindia Portal and Login to your Account and click on ‘E-return Tool for Employers’.
- In order to Download New Version go for the software ‘A-L’ and for upgrading an older version, download ‘E&F’.
- When Download Process Completes Open the File and Install the software and enter employee details, such as wages and contribution to EPF.
- Using the module ‘Generate Returns for Submission to EPFO’ and ‘Electronic Challan Cum Return Form (ECR)’.
How to generate Challan?
After Installation of Software, it’s time to Generate Challan. For that Follow the given steps:
- Log in to the EPF e-Sewa portal.
- Upload the generated ECR by choosing the option ‘ECR Upload’. Make sure about Year and Month of ECR.
- After the Submission Summary page appears if the text file was uploaded correctly.
- On this Summary sheet, enter the ‘Total EDLI Contribution’, ‘Total EPF Administrative/Inspection Charges’, and ‘Total EDLI Administrative/Inspection Charges’ with ‘Contribution Rate’ accurately.
- After the above process, one PDF file that is digitally signed will appear on the screen. If the number of members in the file is above 200, you will have to wait for an SMS alert to view or download this file. Now you need to approve the PDF file in order to generate the challan online. Click on the ‘Approve’ button.
- Once the ECR file is approved, a Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) will be generated for the uploaded file. The next screen displays the Challan Receipt File and Acknowledgement Slip.
- Click on the Challan Receipt File to download and Print the challan with the TRRN number and manually update the details under the section ‘For establishment use only’.
- Make the payment along with the challan to State Bank of India, either through the online portal of SBI or through a cheque/demand draft submitted at a designated branch of the bank.
Important Notes Regarding ESEWA
- The online challan that you generated is valid only for 12 days.
- The generation of the online challan is only possible if the employer registers on EPF Portal.
- Use the PAN Number issued by the Income Tax of India that has been registered in the name of your establishment.
- If you want to change your Profile details then Simply log in at the EPF Employer Portal. Look for the “PROFILE” Menu and click on “Edit profile”. You can hence make the changes there on the profile details and click on the link “Get PIN”. You will receive a text on the registered primary mobile number. Simply enter the provided PIN and click on “Update Profile”. You will receive a confirmation message on your phone through SMS.