As we know that EPF is best to plan to save money for Retirement Life. It will help to make future secure and safe. earlier we have seen that how to activate UAN card and get UAN Passbook. Many readers have doubt that Ho to do EPF Balance Inquiry, So in this post we are going to discuss How to check PF Balance using Passbook and other different methods. But before that, You must know these facts about PF Balance.
Facts about PF Balance
- After the retirement, you will get you PF Money along with the interest. You may also withdraw EPF balance after leaving the job, but you must be unemployed for 2 months to claim the amount. In some emergency Condition and for the Valid reason you can withdraw your PF Balance.
- The EPF scheme is introduced by Employee Provident Fund of India (EPFO) and is retirement saving scheme for private sector employees. It is compulsory to the employees to open one EPF account who earn less than ₹15000/month.
- The employee and employer both contribute an equal amount to the money every month to Employees EPF Account in which 12% of the salary (basic salary + plus DA) will be added to their EPF account.
Out of Employer’s Contribution, 8.33% goes towards the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS). The rest amount is deposited into the EPF account. Because of the pension scheme, you get a pension after the retirement.
- When you switch the job, you get a new EPF account. However, the EPF balance of previous EPF account gets transferred to your new EPF account and UAN Number.
There are a number of ways to do EPF Balance Enquiry via Online and Offline mode, using UAN number and without using UAN Number. Let’s take a look in detail.
Check PF Balance by UAN Number
This is Online method to check EPF Balance using Universal Account Number. When You register for the UAN number you will get your 12 digit UAN account number and Unique for each and every Employee and remain the same lifetime.
You check your UAN Number based by following this easy steps:
- First, open this Following URL to Login to your UAN account: https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
This facility is to view the Member Passbook for the members registered on the Unified Member Portal.
Passbook will be available after 6 Hours of registration at Unified Member Portal.
Changes in the credentials at Unified Member Portal will be effective at this Portal after after 6 Hours.
Passbook will have the entries which has been reconciled at the EPFO field offices.
Passbook facility not be available for the Exempted Establishments Members / Settled Members / InOperative Members.
- Now Login with your UAN credentials (UAN Number and Password)
- Now on the Download Section select the option of EPF Passbook, Click on that option and download your Passbook. You can refer to this Post to know about PF Passbook.
PF Enquiry using Missed Call
This is the easy and fast way to check the PF account balance offline. In this method, you only need to Dial EPF helpline number and it’s Toll-Free. After missed call Within few minutes, you will receive an SMS containing the information about your Latest PF Balance and UAN number. You need to Missed call on the following number:
011 2290 1406
This SMS will give you the following information.
- Your Date Of Birth
- Your UAN
- Last Contribution
- PF balance
PF Balance Enquiry by EPF Mobile APP
Recently The EPFO has launched the Official EPFO Mobile App. EPF App has many features like Activate UAN Number, Register for UAN, PF Balance check, Download PF Passbook etc. The employer and pensioners can also use the same app.The employer can check the transaction status of PF contribution. While pensioners can check their EPF pension status.
EPF Balance Enquiry Through SMS
Instead of a Missed call, you can also check the PF account balance by sending an SMS. It’s easy and fast like Missed call service method. In this way, you can also select the Language.
To know the EPF balance through SMS, you have to send an SMS. The SMS is sent in the given format to the specified number.
Format of SMS – EPFOHO UAN ENG
SENT SMS TO – 7738 299 899
So, by this way, you can do EPF Balance Enquiry. We highly suggest you that kindly check your UAN Passbook frequently to check whether your employer is contributing to your EPF account or not. Because earlier we have received many complaints regarding PF Fraud by Employer.